Why Do Weeds Grow So Fast?
Why do weeds grow so fast? I think most people must ask themselves that question.
You work hard to grow plants, flowers can take weeks to grow, then weeds seem to be able to appear overnight, with little to no effort!
It’s time to face facts. They may be annoying little blighters but weeds are a plant. Garden weeds are in fact clever little devils. The reason they grow so quickly is because they adapt to any condition or generally the condition (location on this planet) they live in.
If your garden is boggy or dry as a bone you’ll still get weeds as they’re able to survive with whatever situation is thrown at them.
You’ll find that weeds grow fast as many have a quick cycle. Their whole job is to sprout up and spread, so ensuring a new version of itself is created sooner the better is a must.
So, if you think about it, weeds are pretty fantastic! Hard as nails and pretty much able to grow in any condition. However, it doesn’t mean we still want them in our garden.
Stop Fast Growing Weeds Naturally
It can be hard keeping on top of garden weeds, especially those fast growing ones. So you must act quick before the garden weeds have a chance to start.
- Use the old fashioned pull out technique. Some weeds are tougher than others, but grabbing them by the root is a sure fired way to insure they won’t come back.
- Drowning them in BOILING water will shrivel the root of even the toughest weeds.
- A good landscaping fabric will smother the underground weeds and make it near impossible for airborne weeds to establish.
- Outnumber the weeds. Plant as much as you can! Planting thick dense plants will ensure the weeds that come up from the ground are shaded by other plants. Meaning they can’t get enough sunshine or water. In turn they’ll die.
- Eat them! You can in fact eat many weeds (Dandelions, Dock, Chicory). There are many books and recipes online on making the most out of those weeds in your garden.
Commercial Gold Landscape Fabric – 105GSM High Density£19.99 – £229.95
Product on saleWeed Control Landscape Fabric – 100gsm£14.99 – £199.99
Product on saleExtra Heavy Duty Weed Control Fabric – 125gsm£17.49 – £199.95